It pays to have COVA HealthAware!
Learn how COVA HealthAware can help you save up to 90% on your monthly premiums and provides a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help pay for out of pocket expenses.
Then see how COVA HealthAware can work for your unique lifestyle.
It pays to have COVA HealthAware!
Administered by Aetna, this plan includes a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), which is designed to give you more control over your health benefit dollars and help pay your out‑of‑pocket expenses.
Making it easier to manage your health and your health care costs
COVA HealthAware is a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, dental, vision, hearing and EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefits
- Coverage for in-network preventive medical, dental, vision and hearing care at 100 percent
- Initial contributions to your HRA with opportunities to earn additional funds by completing incentives called “Do Rights”
- Coverage for in-network benefits through a large national network
- Coverage for out-of-network benefits (higher coinsurance, additional deductible and out-of-pocket maximum apply)
- Combined medical, behavioral health and pharmacy deductible and out‑of‑pocket maximum
- Convenient member tools to help you monitor your health and your plan
Discover how COVA HealthAware
covers you better
COVA HealthAware offers a suite of online tools and resources designed to provide you with expert care and cost-savings. Explore what’s available, below:Contact us
Your secure member website
benefit administrator training
Welcome to the COVA HealthAware training series. To access each session, click on the external links below and log-in. If you are not already registered, you will be prompted to complete a short form with your information.
- Consumer driven health plans external link
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA) external link
- Incentives external link
- Aetna member tools & resources external link
- Aetna EAP external link
Alex - Your interactive benefits counselor
“Alex” — the Commonwealth’s interactive benefits counselor — can help you figure out what plan may work best for you and your family. Alex asks you a series of questions and will provide plan recommendations based on your answers.
To learn more about the plan options available to Commonwealth of Virginia employees, visit ALEX at www.myalex.com/cova. external link
Get to know the features of your plan, access common forms, and learn more about the benefits COVA HealthAware can provide you and your family.
Features and highlights of the plan
Find out more detailed information member handbook external link on the plan.
Check out Aetna’s contracted average costs for some common procedures and conditions in your area.
Proration schedule and FAQs for events that occur after the plan year begins
Find the forms and documents external link you need.
Retirees on a COVA coordinating Medicare plan with HRA funds remaining from their prior COVA HealthAware plan can use this form to request reimbursement of Medicare plan premium costs and out-of-pocket health care expenses.
Eligible members may submit this form to receive the HRA credit for flu vaccinations received outside of the health program.
Complete this form to request early prescription refills of more than a 34-day or 90-day supply (up to a 12-month supply).